Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♪☆\(^0^\) ♪(/^-^)/☆♪

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Greetings from the only BJD Owner in Samar
Eye sockets? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 11:13 am by sadisticwonderlust07

» Greetings from the only BJD Owner in Samar
Eye sockets? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 11:08 am by sadisticwonderlust07

» Hi guys! Another newbie here
Eye sockets? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 12:59 pm by ohlookapigeon

» What you have been thru after you started this hobby?
Eye sockets? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:49 am by ohlookapigeon

» Halloween dollmeet/party.
Eye sockets? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:09 pm by nightcat82

» Mako Eyes Gallery
Eye sockets? EmptyTue May 05, 2015 9:52 pm by PinkyDolphen

» Hi there. I'm here :)
Eye sockets? EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 7:47 am by Kein

» Boo~!!! It's Halloween (2014) time! >:D
Eye sockets? EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 8:00 pm by trirose

» Our First Ever Swap
Eye sockets? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 7:51 am by shiatar

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Eye sockets? Empty Eye sockets? Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:52 am

yuelan

yuelan
I hope I'm posting at the correct place?

I've been meaning to ask this since forever, but kinda got lazy/forgot and all that... ;; *coughs* Here's my problem.

It seems that my doll is a little special in that he has eye sockets and on his official website, it's stated that he wears Acrylic eyes, 14mm. I missed out on that detail and got him 14mm glass eyes instead and now his eyes doesn't seem to fit into the sockets properly. Like, there's some distance between the the eyeball and the back of the face. It makes it a little hard to see his eyes? The eye socket looks like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/silent_wind/5248036621/

So my question here would be does this mean that he can only wear acrylic eyes? And, does acrylic eyes have domes?

2Eye sockets? Empty Re: Eye sockets? Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:54 pm

PinkyDolphen

PinkyDolphen
erm..... I'll try to answer u up to the best of my knowledge here:

glass eyes and acrylic eyes are basically just different by the materials used to make it, it doesn't affect the size actually. Just that some of the eyes domes are high, be it glass or acrylics. some of the website they did noted that their eyes dome are high/ low/ none, but if they don't u can always ask them before purchase it^^

If the problem is that socket too small, u can get an eye sizer and some sand paper to sand it off a little, might be fit better then?

http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=4653

And currently there's a Dollmore GO's running by hyschara, u can join us if u want it^^
*hey I'm trying to get someone broke here* << so bad

3Eye sockets? Empty Re: Eye sockets? Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:57 pm

yuelan

yuelan
Fumu fumu, I see. Thanks for answering! I can now happily go back on choosing glass eyes for my doll. I prefer glass eyes over acrylic ones. ^_^;;

As for the shop, I actually went through it already. XD; Unfortunately I can't find anything I want. Well okay, I do want the sofa but it's expensive...

4Eye sockets? Empty Re: Eye sockets? Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:07 am

silvennia

silvennia
Admin
Lucifer has a similar problem too, though it's nothing too serious. I'm not sure if smaller eyes will help cause there might be an empty gap between the eye and the socket.

But what I do know is that you can enlarge the eye socket using the eye beveler. That tool will help you much on this matter Very Happy

Well if nothing interests you in the Dollmore GO there's always the Taobao GO as well as CoolCat GO ^_^

http://darkmysticgoddess.blogspot.com

5Eye sockets? Empty Re: Eye sockets? Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:29 am

syntheticality

syntheticality
12mm eyes should also fit, just that the iris will look a bit smaller when they're in. (: There shouldn't be any gapping, as it's only one size smaller-- my tinies are supposed to wear 14mm, I think, and they can wear from 12mm - 16mm (they have 12mm eyes in at the moment, and they look good). I was considering getting 10mm for one so she'd look more mature but I think it would start to gap then.

(From memory, I think there was a company that sells in-between sized eyes, too? So theoretically you could get 13mm sized eyes that don't look as small as 12mm would when they're in, but obviously not as big as 14mm would. I'll look it up later and edit some info in if/when I find it.)

http://princelingdoll.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum